Each spring, we in the School of Natural Resources and the Environment recognize some of the many contributions and achievements of our students, staff, and faculty through a set of awards, described below. Nominations can made by students, staff and faculty. A list of previous award winners can be found here.
The SNRE Awards Committee, which is composed of students, staff, and faculty, reviews nominations and determines the recipients. Nominations are generally due in early April, and the award ceremony held in late April.
For 2017, Nominations will be due on or before Monday, 24 April 2017.
You can download a nomination form that includes a complete description of each award by clicking on the name of each award below.
- Outstanding Graduating Senior is awarded to a graduating senior who has excelled as a student and made outstanding contributions to SNRE, the community, and the study of natural resources.
- Outstanding Thesis is awarded to a Masters student who has excelled in all phases of their degree program. This award recognizes both the student's achievement and the advisor's contribution.
- Outstanding Dissertation is awarded to a Doctoral student who has excelled in all phases of their degree program. This award recognizes both the student's achievement and the advisor's contribution.
- Outstanding Scholarly Achievement by a Student recognizes an outstanding original contribution to the body of scientific knowledge by a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Student Leadership recognizes exceptional effort put forth by an undergraduate student or a graduate student in providing leadership to other SNRE students.
- Outstanding Scholarly Achievement recognizes an outstanding original contribution to the body of scientific knowledge by anyone affiliated with SNRE, including faculty or staff.
- Outstanding Course recognizes a course that is deemed excellent based on being current, comprehensive, challenging, well-taught, and highly regarded by both faculty and students.
- Outstanding Faculty Member recognizes an individual faculty member who personifies the ideals of outstanding teaching, advising, research, and service.
- Staff Award of Excellence recognizes unusual dedication and outstanding contributions by a classified staff member
- Outstanding Student Assistant recognizes the contributions of a student assistants for their contributions and commitment to SNRE.
- Public Service and Outreach Award recognizes individuals for outstanding public service through professional contributions that go beyond their university-related responsibilities.
- Outstanding Alumnus recognizes the contributions of one of our graduates through professional or civic work.
- "Blooper" recognizes a humorous, embarrassing, or ironic occurrence to a member of the School. This is intended as a light-hearted and good-natured award to entertain members of the School at the expense of some unfortunate soul.